Banned Music

Image result for banned music

Banned Music 

By: Ryan Darling 

Protecting others from Music:
When I was younger I can remember my mom letting me listen to "Yeah"by Usher and "In the Club" by 50 cent.  I loved those songs and still do but my father hated the songs and never let me listen to them.  I never understood why this was until I got older and understood what the songs meant.  Now that I have a little sister who is nine and she listens to my music I am more careful what I play around her as to not let her hear some of the words that are not meant for younger ears.  For example there is a song by ASAP Ferg called "Plain Jane" which I enjoy and Grace my sister loves as well the song is not clean and should not be listen to by nine year olds but I sometimes just don't care to censor the song because I don't want to lose the enjoyment of listening to it.  The experience made me think twice about the words that were being said and the meaning.  I used to not really care what was said as long as the beat was good and the words rhymed i'd listen to it but as I worried more about Grace it made me thing about the songs explicit nature more and more and maybe not play it as much.  
My favorite genera is Rap/Hiphop.  My favorite artists in no particular order are Post Malone, Eminem, Drake, Kendrick Lamar and Logic.  

Topic 2: 
I think that starting a radio station is a bad idea because radio to younger people is a dying industry.  Even though radio is a very good way to advertise right now,  I still see it as younger people will not listen to it when they can listen to their own music instantly in their cars.  
If they did start it I would make a program on their that mirrors the snap chat account of E News.  its a lady who tells about short gossip that is going on in Hollywood.  I think this would be good because it is something that they do not have on Spotify and probably never will.  Another program that I would like is a story telling segment that is in the middle of the day or something not during the rush hours.  Just a podcast like story that is less then 30 minutes long but told a beautiful way only radio could accomplish.  How I would fund this is to get sponsors such as Dollar Shave Club or Seat Geek. Just like podcasters pay for their shows is by sponsors who trade money for advertising over the airwaves.  Another way I could see this to be funded is sponsors who want to be silent.  I know about 12 very wealth people who are looking for tax breaks and want to donate money to a worthwhile cause so if it is good enough sponsors would chip in.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banned Books

ADS Week3